Superior, quality education!
This six-hour training is a must for anyone impacted by someone with a substance use disorder. Learn how you can help someone in the throes of addiction.
We know addiction takes its toll on families. There’s pain and suffering that goes beyond words. Addiction also puts a significant strain on human service workers across the continuum. This course is important and has helped so many individuals better support those they love or work with.
Read the testimonials from people who have taken this course:
- “I wish I knew a long time ago. It could have saved (fill in the blank) life.”
- “Everyone who works with people with addiction should be required to take this course.”
- “I got more than I expected. A must take!”
- “One of the most realistic and applicable presentations on recovery I’ve ever attended.”
We are thrilled to announce that Understanding Addiction & Recovery – What You Learn Could Save a Life is now available on-demand, 24/7.
This six-hour on-demand course is delivered online, giving you the opportunity to learn in privacy at your convenience. For individuals who would like six continuing education credits, the course is available here.
Who is this training for? This training is for anyone involved, working, or living with those who suffer from SUD. It helps you understand addiction and recovery more to better engage and support individuals and potentially save a family or a life.
If you have been aching to learn more so you can support someone you love or work in a profession that involves interacting with people with substance use disorder, this is a must-take course.
In this course, you will learn six important topics that will prepare you to support a person with a substance use disorder:
- Basic Understanding of Addiction as a Chronic Disease – Better understand the medical challenges that accompany the disease.
- Understanding Behaviors of Addiction & Behavior Change – Understand why people can’t just put it down.
- Understanding Return-to-Use (Relapse) – Encourage and support people better through their journey.
- Who Defines Recovery – Learn what recovery means to understand why you cannot treat people the same.
- Pathways of Recovery – Understand that not everyone achieves success from AA or rehab. There are many pathways.
- The Harm Reduction Theory – Encourage someone in a more realistic way while keeping them alive.
This course can be delivered live in person or virtually to your agency and can be customized to include trauma-informed care, basics of mental health, stigma, and biases. Call (603) 918-6510 or email Ginger Ross for scheduling details.
Christian-Based Course: We also offer a Christian-based course that aims to help those who consider using substances a sin. We help you understand the disease first and how the word of God applies to supporting someone who struggles.
Whether secular or non-secular, this course answers deep questions, dispels myths, provides healing, and provides much-needed information to understand those who use drugs and the grueling process of recovery.
CHOICES is a NAADAC-approved provider. This training has also been approved for 12 CLEs from the New Hampshire Guardian ad Litem Board (GAL Board) and CMEs from First Responder agencies in New Hampshire, Maine, and Massachusetts.
Begin learning today so you can support someone who is suffering.
This course has been delivered around the country, including:
- Florida Guardian ad Litem Association
- New Hampshire Guardian ad Litem
- Aroostook County Law Enforcement & EMS
- Concord, NH, Fire & EMS
- Everett, MA, First Responders