Christian Peer Recovery Training
Availability: 24 in stock
- DATE: Series begins January 9th, 2024. See below for all dates.
- Time: See below for course specific times: NOTE: Eastern Standard Time.
- Location: Virtual by Zoom
- Attendance for each day is required to receive 3o CEs. Must be present and on-screen for this interactive training.
- IC & RC Four Domains Awarded
- See below for more detailed information and cancellation policy.
CHOICES 3-Tier Christian Recovery Program will elevate your congregation to serve your community in an informed way. Pick any or all tiers to build your recovery-supportive community.
Tier I: Introduce interested members of your congregation to basic knowledge about addiction and recovery in this friendly, easy-to-digest eight-hour course.
This course helps you understand the following:
- Basic Brain Science of Substance Use Disorder
- Behaviors & Behavior Change
- Return to Use
- Recovery Capital & Pathways of Recovery
Tier II: Meet personally with CHOICES leaders to explore and learn what resources and services are available in your community (both Christian and secular). This training course allows you to better understand how you can play a supportive role within your congregation.
Tier III: Your hosts will return for a five-day extended training to teach interested individuals how to work more closely with individuals experiencing substance use disorder. They help people support their families and learn the relationship between recovery coaching and Christianity. No prerequisite is required. The next course begins on September 6, 2023.
In this five-day course, individuals will do the following:
- Learn how recovery coaching is related to the Word of God.
- Gain a foundational understanding of addiction and the brain.
- Understand common behaviors of addiction.
- Be conscious of how God’s grace can bring healing.
- Learn foundational skills of active listening and motivational interviewing.
- Learn and clarify the roles of a recovery coach and understand staying in lane.
- Gain an understanding of what recovery coaching is.
- Gain an understanding of the stages of change and recovery.
- Understand solution-focused engagement.
- Learn how to discuss reuse prevention plans.
- Understand the importance of setting SMART Goals with recoverees.
- Gain an understanding of harm reduction.
- Learn about the importance of self-care, compassion fatigue, and burnout.
- Allow God to be God. Let go of the outcomes.
- NAADAC Approved Provder (click to learn more)
IC & RC Four Domains:
- Advocacy – 8.0
- Ethics – 4.0
- Mentoring & Education – 8.75
- Wellness & Recovery – 9.25
Dates & Times:
- Tier III – Christian Peer Recovery Coach Training: January 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, & February 1, 6, 7 from 6:00 PM – 9:15 PM. EST
- Upon submission of this payment, you will receive a receipt with further enrollment instructions. Your registration is not complete until you finish the next steps listed in the receipt.
- All training will be conducted via Zoom.
- You will receive a manual and the Zoom login information 1 week prior to the training start date. Be sure to put your mailing address in the fields provided. If your address changes between now and the date of mailing, please notify us to ensure you receive your manual. Additional charges may result if not notified.
- ***Cancellations must be received within two weeks of the start date to be rescheduled or refunded. All refunds are subject to a processing fee. No exceptions.
NAADAC Approved Provider provides pre-approval for initial certification in AL, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IA, MD, MI, MS, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, WV
Pre-approval for continuing education in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NC, ND, NM, NY, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY, and Iowa.