A Peers Intro to Mental Health
Availability: 11 in stock
- DATE: February 15, 2024
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Location: Virtual by Zoom
- Attendance for each day is required to receive 6 CEs. Must be present and on-screen for this interactive training.
- IC & RC Four Domains Awarded
- See below for more course description, objectives and cancellation policies.
Superior Quality Peer Education for Top Performers!
A trusted name in education!
This training is recognized By:
- Connecticut Certification Board
- Colorado Certification Board
- Florida Certification Board
- Maine Certification Board
- New Hampshire Certification Board
- NAADAC Approved Provider. Click to Learn more.
Course Description: This course is for professional peer recovery workers, case managers, behavioral techs or other in the helping field who wish to expand their knowledge on mental health and wellness to serve better the population they work with by knowing what signs to look for that require a referral to a higher level of care, providing traditional peer support and understand wellness plans and how they differ from recovery plans.
- Define Mental Health v Mental Illness
- Identify four signs of mental health diagnoses commonly associated with SUD
- Identify 2 signs of mental health crisis
- Implement 2 de-escalation strategies
- Become familiar with WHAM and WRAP plans
- Understand the peer recovery support role with comorbidity
- Upon submission of this payment, you will receive a receipt with further enrollment instructions. Your registration is not complete until you finish the next steps listed in the receipt.
- All training will be conducted via Zoom.
- You will receive a manual and the Zoom login information 1 week prior to the training start date. Be sure to put your mailing address in the fields provided. If your address changes between now and the date of mailing, please notify us to ensure you receive your manual. Additional charges may result if not notified.
- ***Cancellations must be received within two weeks of the start date to be rescheduled or refunded. All refunds are subject to a processing fee. No exceptions.
NAADAC Approved Provider provides pre-approval for initial certification. Individuals participating in educational programs offered by NAADAC Approved Education Providers are assured that the continuing education (CE) hours provided for each course will be accepted toward national credentialing by the National Certification Commission for Addiction Professionals (NCC AP), as well as many of the individual state licensing/certification bodies in the addiction and other helping professions.