Recovering from Benzodiazepine Use for Peer Specialists Jan. 2024
Availability: 20 in stock
- DATE: January 23 & 30th, 2024 (2-day training)
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM Mountain Time.
- Location: Virtual by Zoom
- Attendance for each day is required to receive 12 CEs. Must be present and on-screen for this interactive training.
- IC & RC Four Domains Awarded
- See below for more detailed information.
Superior, quality peer education for top performers!
This training is recognized by:
- Colorado Certification Board
- Florida Certification Board
- Maine Certification Board
- Massachusetts Board (through NAADAC Approval)
- New Hampshire (through NAADAC Approval)
- NAADAC Approved Provider – Click to see approvals
Anyone who is working with someone who is taking, has taken benzodiazepines know the side effects are extremely devastating. People with lived experience have been working tireless for years bring this knowledge to the mainstream communities. Now, you can be a part of their solution by having more knowledge of the effects of benzodiazepines and how to support individuals with these conditions. The struggle is real!
1 in 5 Americans take benzodiazepine prescribed by a physician or psychiatrist, and many providers do not know enough about the drugs and their adverse effects. Benzodiazepines can cause physical dependence when taken continuously, and withdrawal from this class of medication can produce long-term life-altering consequences. This training will educate peers, counselors, and caregivers on benzodiazepines, their effects, tapering, and withdrawal.
- Discuss benzodiazepine conditions for prescribing, use and discontinuation.
- Identify the difference between substance use disorder (SUD) and Physical Dependency (PD).
- Define, describe and explain BIND.
- Understand the barriers & stigma that impede wellness and healing.
- Develop skills to support hope, healing & wellness for Benzodiazepine Affected Individuals.
- Recognize and identify boundaries for the helper and the caregiver.
- Learn strategies to prevent compassion fatigue.
- This training course will take place over two sessions and is a total of 12 CEs.
- Space is limited to 24 seats. Register today.
- This course is valued at $225. The promotional cost is $125.
- Upon submission of this payment, you will receive a receipt with further enrollment instructions. Your registration is not complete until you finish the next steps listed in the receipt.
- All training will be conducted via Zoom.
- You will receive a manual and the Zoom login information 1 week prior to the training start date. Be sure to put your mailing address in the fields provided. If your address changes between now and the date of mailing, please notify us to ensure you receive your manual. Additional charges may result if not notified.
- ***Cancellations must be received within two weeks of the start date to be rescheduled or refunded. All refunds are subject to a processing fee. No exceptions.
NAADAC Approved Provider provides pre-approval for initial certification in AL, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, HI, ID, IA, MD, MI, MS, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, TN, VT, WV
Pre-approval for continuing education in AL, AK, AZ, AR, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NC, ND, NM, NY, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY, and Iowa.